Tuesday, May 25, 2010

RJ Corman to Mount Hope and CSX in Prince/Quinnimont


I wish I could've gotten this angle on the bridge at some point with a train.


Interchange tracks just south of the New River.


The R.J. Corman line to a mine near Surveyor was rebuilt a few years ago and looked to be in quilt good shape, including portions of heavy jointed rail. This surprised me though.


A cat on the tracks near Mt. Hope.


Before heading to Surveyor I went to see the CSX main at Quinnimont. This is the Piney Creek sub bridge crossing the New River from Prince.


This is the west end of Prince, where the Piney Creek Sub rejoins the mainline.


The yard in Quinnimont has a striking backdrop of the New River Valley, and features more nearly untouched old equipment.


This equipment loading track had quite a drop.


Looking railroad east at Quinnimont, with yard tracks in the distance.


I didn't catch a train on the mainline but these two were sitting on yard tracks at Quinnimont, I'm guessing with cars for or from the Piney Creek Sub.

No comments:

Post a Comment