Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Midnight meet at Meadow Creek and 436 in Clifton Forge and Richmond


Leaving West Virginia I couldn't help hopping of I64 at Meadow Creek. I was lucky again, as moments after I arrived an eastbound pulled to a stop at this classic signal bridge.












It had to wait on a train of coal empties because the dispatcher wanted it to crossover.












After a bit of a wait, the empties clear and the headlight of the loaded coal train lights up the signal and I64 overpass at Meadow Creek. Where else would an interstate bridge have no traffic for a minute-long exposure?












Further delaying my Richmond arrival to early morning, I couldn't help stopping again in Clifton Forge. It was packed again, with a grain train entering the yard, an empty coal train lined through here with an approach, another empty on the outskirts, and Q302 departing. The engine on the left, #436, is the same consist and train I saw that morning in Thurmond now arrived in Clifton.



Finally, some 30 hours after I saw the train in Clifton Forge, it came through Richmond, VA, on the way to Newport news. Here it is in Richmond's Fulton yard getting a crew change in early morning.


The cars of coal all the way from near Pax, WV, passing by my apartment window in Richmond, VA.






























No comments:

Post a Comment