Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Raleigh Yard


A view from the North end of Raleigh Yard. Because of floodloaders and unit trains I suspect these yard tracks get much less usage than in an earlier era.


The Southern end of Raleigh yard. Those black hoppers are a variety CSX I thought had scrapped, so maybe they are in MOW service. The track in the foreground is curving away to head west to Suryeor, while the track on the right heads Southwest to Sophia.


This is the wye at the South end of Raleigh. The track in the foreground heads west to Surveyor, I think it is the Piney Creek Sub. The other leg of the wye is the Winding Gulf Sub that meets with NS.


At the South end of the yard I found some interesting cars that looked to be in MOW service.


This was a surprise: an untagged, un-relettered PC gondola. Note the drop ends.


I wonder how this escaped change...

No comments:

Post a Comment